CGA Women’s Match Play Championship
July 10 - July 13
Fox Hill Club – Longmont
- Singles Match Play – The tournament is three days of match play preceded by an optional 18-hole stroke play qualifier
- Only players wanting to compete in the championship or senior championship divisions will play in the qualifier on Tuesday, July 10. Qualifying scores will determine flighting and seeding for the championship and senior championship divisions with 16 spots available for the championship division and 8 spots available for the senior championship division. Ties for the last place in either the championship or senior championship division will be determined by a hole-by-hole playoff.
- NOTE: In the match play rounds, these two divisions will be played with no handicap. Those unsuccessful in qualifying for the championship or senior championship divisions will automatically be flighted into the handicap division according to their handicap index
- The handicap division will be completed over three days of match play competition. This division will be comprised of those failing to qualify for the championship and senior championship divisions as well as those opting out of the qualifying round. Those players will be flighted and seeded by handicap index (based on the July 1 revision) with 8 players per flight.
- NOTE: All handicap division matches will be played with handicap by wheeling off the lowest players handicap
- Players defeated in the first round of match play will move into a consolation bracket for their division
- Players forfeiting their first match will not be eligible to compete in consolation matches
- In all divisions, competitors are guaranteed at least 2 matches
- Matches in all divisions that are tied after 18 holes will be extended in a hole-by-hole playoff
- Once a match is complete, players must leave the golf course and report the results of the match
- Qualifying round (July 10): 18-hole stroke play for competitors opting to try and qualify for either the championship or senior championship division
- Day 1 (July 11): First day of match play. Championship division will play 36 holes (morning and afternoon rounds). Senior championship division and handicap division will play their first round matches (morning rounds only)
- Day 2 (July 12): Second day of match play. All divisions will play 1 morning round
- Day 3 (July 13): Final day of match play. The championship match will be played over 36 holes. Senior championship and handicap division matches will be played over 18 holes
- Championship division maximum: 9.0
- Senior Championship maximum: 15.0
- NOTE: players must have reached their 50th birthday on or before July 10
- Handicap division maximum: 30.0
- 96 entrants
- NOTE: Championship is filled on a first come, first served basis using the registration date and time. If a Championship is oversubscribed, a wait list will be maintained in case of cancellation.
- 96 entrants
- Carts are optional. Player will be required to pay cart fee.
- Caddies are optional.
- Merchandise gift certificates are awarded within each division and flight to the winners, runners-up, consolation winners as well as the semi-finalists in the championship division. The championship and senior championship winner and runners-up will each receive a trophy. The championship division overall winner will be the state champion.
- Practice Round Information – Tee times are subject to availability, can be made in advance by calling the pro shop at 303-651-7600. When making a tee time, identify yourself as a CGA Women’s Match Play participant. Pricing: $47 course fee, $18 cart fee, range balls included. Note: These prices are ONLY available Tuesday – Friday after noon or Saturday – Sunday after 2:00pm.
Tee Time Estimates