CWGA Match Play Championship
July 17 - July 20
Buffalo Run Golf Course – Commerce City
- Singles Match Play – The tournament is three days of match play preceded by an optional 18-hole stroke play qualifier
- Only players wanting to compete in the championship or senior championship divisions will play in the qualifier on Monday, July 17. Qualifying scores will determine flighting and seeding for the championship and senior championship divisions with 16 spots available for the championship division and 8 spots available for the senior championship division. Ties for the last place in either the championship or senior championship division will be determined by a hole-by-hole playoff.
- NOTE: In the match play rounds, these two divisions will be played with no handicap. Those unsuccessful in qualifying for the championship or senior championship divisions will automatically be flighted into the handicap division according to their handicap index
- The handicap division will be completed over three days of match play competition. This division will be comprised of those failing to qualify for the championship and senior championship divisions as well as those opting out of the qualifying round. Those players will be flighted and seeded by handicap index (based on the July 1st revision) with 8 players per flight.
- NOTE: All handicap division matches will be played with handicap by wheeling off the lowest players handicap
- Players defeated in the first round of match play will move into a consolation bracket for their division
- Players forfeiting their first match will not be eligible to compete in consolation matches
- In all divisions, competitors are guaranteed at least 2 matches
- Matches in all divisions that are tied after 18 holes will be extended in a hole-by-hole playoff
- Once a match is complete, players must leave the golf course and report the results of the match
- Qualifying round (July 17): 18-hole stroke play for competitors opting to try and qualify for either the championship or senior championship division
- Day 1 (July 18): First day of match play. Championship division will play 36 holes (morning and afternoon rounds). Senior championship division and handicap division will play their first round matches (morning rounds only)
- Day 2 (July 19): Second day of match play. All divisions will play 1 morning round
- Day 3 (July 20): Final day of match play. The championship match will be played over 36 holes. Senior championship and handicap division matches will be played over 18 holes
- Championship division maximum: 9.0
- Senior Championship maximum: 15.0
- NOTE: players must have reached their 50th birthday on or before July 17
- Handicap division maximum: 30.0
- 96 entrants
- NOTE: For over subscription policy, see Oversubscribed Tournament Policy in the Tournament Policies document.
- 96 entrants
- Carts are optional. Player will be required to pay cart fee. Caddies are optional.
- Merchandise gift certificates are awarded within each division and flight to the winners, runners-up, consolation winners as well as the semi-finalists in the championship division. The championship and senior championship winner will each receive a trophy. The championship division overall winner will be the state champion.
- $175 per person
- May 1
- July 5